Saturday 15 September 2007

September 15, 2007 - Happy first blog entry!

Hey! Who ever thought that I'd be writing a blog entry?

This blog is going to be a place for me to post photos of my knitting and cross-stitch projects. I taught myself to cross-stitch and have been doing it since November 1995. I only officially began knitting since taking a class in July 2007. Before then I could do the knit stitch, but that was it! Now I can actually do a few things more than just the knit stitch. ;-) I first started with knitting a dishcloth and I am now officially hooked.

This is my first knitted cloth (in Bernat's 100% handicrafter cotton, "Violet Veil Ombre"):








It ain't perfect, but who cares?



I also did the same pattern in Ivory (see photo, right). I think that I really prefer the solid colours to the variagated.


The pattern is called "Knit Eyelet Dishcloth." It can be freely downloaded from here.


My other interests include genealogy, reading, and collecting recipes. I also like to write my own book reviews so that I can remember what I've read. You can see what I have on these subjects on my web page.

Anyway, I plan on posting more photos and uploading some patterns that I've created myself. I LOVE finding free stuff online so I would like to offer up some freebies, too!

Have a great day!

Val

No comments: