Monday 14 September 2020

Moda Blockheads

I somehow came across a free block-of-the-week along from Moda Fabrics - Moda Blockheads 3. I don't know why I hadn't heard of this event earlier.

This is their third series, featuring both difficult and easy blocks.

I started off with the easy squares, block #35, which had just been released:

It was a fun and easy block to make. I'm still kind of figuring out my colour scheme, and I'm not sure if the blue will be used in any of my other blocks. I do love the purple and green combination, though and have enough of it to complete several more blocks.

There are several ways to make this block stand out. I am a part of the Moda Blockheads Facebook group and some of the blocks posted are spectacular.

The second block was another easy one. I had to make some adjustments as mine didn't quite line up with the suggested cutting dimensions. Here is my alternate block #18:

I love this easy design and am pondering the possibility of making a whole row of these for a bed runner.

The Blockheads II (2018) patterns are available from Bear Creek Quilting Company.

The patterns for Blockheads I (2017) have now been removed for free access. They have been published together in a book for purchase by Moda.

Happy crafting!