Friday 13 December 2019

Small sewing projects to gift for Christmas or any time

What do you do when you're a crafter who does multiple crafts? You drive yourself crazy with all the possibilities of gift giving!

I saw this log cabin Santa ornament and thought that I just had to make it.

This translated, written tutorial with photos is quite good. This new YouTube video from Mom and Pop Quilt Shop is the only good video that I've found out there for this project.

I used a black sharpie for the eyes. I bought puny beads but I couldn't see them well enough to attach them...

For those who are eco-friendly and want to eliminate the use of aluminum foil or plastic wrap to put things away, these reusable bowl covers are ideal:

I made these reversible covers in medium and large with material for $10 a metre at Michael's and some thin batting.

The project consists of cutting out circles and sewing them together, turning them rights sides out and creating a tube in which to insert some elastic.

There are many tutorials online. My preferred video is from Shabby Fabrics.

Last year, one of the presents that I made was a sewn phone stand pillow.

A tutorial from SewVeryEasy is here.

I filled mine with dried barley and rice and polyester stuffing.

Now I just need to make one for every room. :)

Of course, as mentioned in a recent post, these zippered triangular pouches are fast and fun:

More photos of previously made triangle pouches can be seen here.

The video tutorial from Crafty Gemini is here.

Happy crafting,

Val :)