Sunday 24 November 2019

Finishing up projects - charm pack tote bag

I found some cute woodland fabric at Walmart in 5" squares and later found the same patterns in a pack of fat quarters. (Only select Walmart stores here in Canada carry fabric, and only a few of them carry these designs. I have four(!) Walmarts within a relatively short drive; two sell fabric, and only one had this fabric.)

A few months ago I began a project using this fabric, and today I found some time to sit down and finish it.

I am so thrilled with the results!

This is the inside of the bag. I didn't have a single piece of fabric large enough to match the outside of the bag, so had to sew pieces together to fit.

The instructions in the video called for longer straps of 40+". I only had fabric 12 x 18" so made straps by sewing pieces together to my desired length. The straps were sewn in 2" from each outside seam, making sure that they matched.

I also top-stitched the final bag about 1/2" from the top.

The tutorial from The Missouri Quilt Company is here.