Tuesday 19 November 2019

Christmas sewing for the family

I know... It's been quite a while, again!

The past few years have been busy.

I still knit and sew. I still have fun doing both, maybe just not as often.

Today I sewed up the first of four stockings for my family. I really like how cute this lined stocking turned out.

B's stocking:

The fabric for the main part of the stocking was bought after Christmas last year at Fabricland (a store here in Canada), so I got a great deal on it (something like $4 a metre). The Christmas lyrics fabric on the cuff was from the Christmas fat quarters was available at Walmart ($2.49, I believe).

The pattern template was AllPeopleQuilt.com. Cuff was cut 8" x 16". Tab was cut 2 1/2" x 7".

This pattern was for a 1/4" seam allowance. I plan on making it again, but will make it larger.

Tutorial was from a few sources: The Crafty Gemini, and The Missouri Star Quilt Company. I am addicted to watching both of these YouTube channels.

Happy crafting,

Val :)