Friday 3 April 2020

Charity bears

I'm trying to find small projects to keep me busy during this time of self-quarantine.

I've seen this little, free bear project and decided to make a few.

Using a short-matt fabric that I stole from a second-hand stuffed animal kit that I bought a while ago, I started with this little guy:

The locking eyes and applique need to be done first, before sewing and stuffing the bear. I think that Jake turned out quite cute!

Next, came Fred:

Fred is extremely soft. He's made out a polyester blanket that I bought a while ago at the dollar-plus store for $4.00 (Canadian). He turned out very cute, but cutting out the fabric was messy as the fibres went everywhere in my sewing room. After being sewn up, though, he no longer sheds. I also have a lot of the blanket left to make more, when my patience resumes.

My teen son has claimed Fred. He was also the one to name him...

The pattern for Warren the Charity Bear comes from Shiny Happy World.

For using the pattern, we will be making a donation to our local food bank in this (greater) time of need.

Happy crafting!