Wednesday 11 February 2015

New pursuits

I am still knitting but lately it's taken a back shelf to sewing. This year I want to expand my creativity and learn new crafting skills.

I've always sewn, but just before Christmas I began to quilt. I started small. Here is my first small quilt (about 14 x 14 inches):

This small quilt is based on V & Co's baby doll quilt. Yes, there are a few mistakes but overall I'm happy with it - maybe it's the bright colours?

Paper piecing sounded intriguing to me and so I started with a free tutorial from Piece By Number (a direct download of the tutorial is here). If I can find the original link from their page I will post it.

Here is mine:

The internet has a lot of free sewing and paper piecing patterns available. Pintrest is a great source for ideas, patterns, and can be a great way to spend your time.

Happy creating!

Val :)

No comments: